The Georgia Veterinary Medical Association is pleased to introduce the Certified Veterinary Assistant (GVMA CVA) program. Unregistered assistants now have the opportunity to advance their knowledge and learn the skills needed to increase their value as a member of the veterinary practice team.
Create career opportunities for your staff…
To sign up please call us at 800-357-3182
GVMA Certified Veterinary Assistant (CVA) Introduction
The Georgia Veterinary Medical Association (GVMA) now recognizes and certifies the designation of Certified Veterinary Assistant (CVA). As such, the GVMA, in cooperation with Animal Care Technologies (ACT), is proud to offer veterinary medical personnel the opportunity to expand their professional growth by offering an online CVA program. This CVA program encourages continuing education for veterinary medical personnel, enabling them to become more informed, skilled, and trusted members of the veterinary medical team.
GVMA CVA Program Features
GVMA CVA Program Benefits
- Motivate current personnel to pursue veterinary medicine as a career, resulting in less turnover and investment in replacement and re-training efforts.
- The CVA as part of your medical team demonstrates your practice’s commitment to training and education.
- CVA online curriculum is available for up to 20 employees and comes with access to ACT’s complete training library.
- The online CVA program offers real-time progress tracking and results.
Benefits to CVA Applicant
- Online training at any time, day or night, where a high-speed internet connection is available.
- Gain a sound knowledge base to be a more effective and valuable member of any veterinary medical team.
- Hands-on experiences to demonstrate competency in dozens of foundational skills.
- Work experience under the supervising DVM or RVT to utilize the materials being learned.
- Solid foundation to explore further career opportunities in the veterinary medical field.
GVMA Program Pricing
|Account Type||Monthly Cost||Test Credits||Retest Fee|
Additional test credits or retest fees are optional and can be purchased as needed.
If you are an instructor at an educational institution, please contact ACT at 800-357-3182 and one of their Account Representatives will work with you to provide the best program set-up to match the needs of your campus.
The GVMA CVA program does not require a long-term commitment or contract.